Support Our Toropreneurs!
There are dozens of ways in which you can support our Toropreneurs. Some of the simplest ways are listed below. We welcome a conversation with you to discuss how we can best maximize your efforts to support the budding Toropreneurs of tomorrow. Please contact us to get started now!
1). Join us!
We have many programs and events in which we’d love your involvement! Feel free to check out our programs and events pages to find out more about our offerings and be sure to sign up for our newsletter and social media accounts to keep in touch!
2). Become involved as a mentor!
Our Toropreneurs are thirsty for knowledge and guidance from fellow students, staff, faculty, alumni, and the community. Through our mentor program, we offer a variety of ways for mentors to support Toropreneurs through their guidance and wisdom.
3). Donate Now!
Without the community’s financial support, many of our programs would not exist. We are grateful to our sponsors for their generous support. Please DONATE NOW in any amount. Below are some examples of how we can utilize small and large funds to support Toropreneurs in their entrepreneurial ventures!
- Student Startup Fund: The Innovation Incubator Student Startup Fund (SSF) is a pool of philanthropic funds designed to support student entrepreneurs with microgrants for their startups. Micro-grants are usually limited to under $1,000 and are only available to students who demonstrate financial need. Donations help fund gating expenses that are hindering early growth in student ventures.
- Catapult™ Projects: Our one-of-a-kind Catapult™ program offers startups access to specialty teams of students and volunteers that address the targeted needs of the startups under the guidance of industry experts. The projects are structured as micro-internships for students and generally run 6-8 weeks in length. Donations help to fund the operating expenses of the program as well as support mentorship and coaching expenses. Some funds can also allow for internships to be paid instead of unpaid.
- Alpha Start™: Micro-businesses exploded during the pandemic as a way to work from home and create a viable and sustainable source of alternative income. Alpha Start focuses on helping entrepreneurs launch home-based e-commerce businesses with limited startup funds. Through a structured curriculum with tons of hands-on, experienced, and knowledgeable guidance, participants will identify, plan, conceive, launch, and grow their new venture in under 10 weeks. Donations for this program help to fund the operating expenses of the training elements of the program. Funds for supporting students in need of micro-grants for starting their businesses are handled through the Student Startup Fund.
- Impact Founders Challenge: The Impact Founders Challenge is an annual program focused on identifying, assisting, and growing the businesses of founders who come from diverse backgrounds. The program identifies founders of scalable and/or impact businesses and takes them through a process designed to launch their businesses into the local startup ecosystem.
- Toro Happy Hour: Support a twice-a-week micro-speaker series designed to build a campus community of entrepreneurially-minded people. Snacks and (PG-13) drinks are provided every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30-3:45 PM at the CSUDH Innovation Incubator for Toro Happy Hour along with a themed speaker or topic! Donations support program expenses allowing students to meet engaging and exciting speakers and panels discussing everything entrepreneurship, innovation, and Toro Nation!
These are just a few of the great opportunities to support Toropreneurs at the CSUDH Innovation Incubator.
Got questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 310-243-3444.