Spring 2023 Alpha Start™ Program
Join the ultimate program designed to help you build a successful micro-enterprise earning you $500-1,000 per month on 5-10 hours a week of effort.
Who: Students, staff, faculty, and alumni of CSUDH
What: Through a structured curriculum with tons of hands-on, experienced, and knowledgeable guidance, participants will identify, plan, conceive, launch, and grow their new e-commerce venture in under 10 weeks.
- 10+ weeks of hands-on training including launching your e-commerce site on day one.
- Assistance with product development, branding, pricing, etc.
- Access to Student Startup Fund for inventory and supplies
- Badging through the Innovation Incubator
- Access to resources from the community, partners, and the Innovation Incubator
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching opportunities beyond the initial launch phase
What kind of businesses might you create? That’s up to you! This cohort will focus on e-commerce businesses that fall into one of three categories:
- Drop shipment businesses (product is manufactured, warehoused, and shipped for you by a third party).
- Self-shipment businesses (product is stored and shipped by you).
- Service businesses (labor is exchanged for a fee).
Your goal? Generate $1,000 in revenue by the end of the program using a sustainable small business model that will allow you to continue working 5-10 hours a week beyond the program to earn $500-1,000 per month. While we cannot guarantee these outcomes, our goal is to maximize your odds of achieving this.
When: We begin with an all-day intensive session on Friday, February 3, 2023 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. If all goes well, you very well could have your first sale before you get home that night! This session will be followed by growth sessions on Fridays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (lunch included) throughout the semester.
Where: CSUDH Innovation Incubator, I&I Building Room 2100
Why: How would an extra $500-$1,000 a month help you? Maybe you’re not as motivated by the money and are more interested in the mindset and skillset growth that come with starting a micro-enterprise. Either way, we’ll help you find your why and help you learn to launch a business from scratch.
Cost: $795. Currently enrolled students of CSUDH are eligible for a 100% fee waiver upon acceptance into the program.
Don’t let this golden opportunity to change your life slip by. Complete your 5-minute application soon for consideration! Spots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Don’t delay!