Spring 2023 Alpha Start™ Program
Join the ultimate program designed to help you build a successful micro-enterprise earning you $500-1,000 per month on 5-10 hours a week of effort.
Who: Students, staff, faculty, and alumni of CSUDH
What: Through a structured curriculum with tons of hands-on, experienced, and knowledgeable guidance, participants will identify, plan, conceive, launch, and grow their new e-commerce venture in two consecutive Fridays.
- Two (2) intensive Friday sessions from 11 AM-5 PM filled with hands-on training including launching your own brand on day one.
- Assistance with product development, branding, pricing, etc.
- Access to Student Startup Fund for inventory and supplies
- Badging through the Innovation Incubator
- Access to resources from the community, partners, and the Innovation Incubator
- Ongoing mentoring and coaching opportunities beyond the initial launch phase
What kind of businesses might you create? That’s up to you! This cohort will focus on e-commerce businesses that fall into one of two categories:
- Drop shipment businesses (product is manufactured, warehoused, and shipped for you by a third party).
- Service businesses (labor is exchanged for a fee).
Your goal? Generate $1,000 in revenue by the end of the program using a sustainable small business model that will allow you to continue working 5-10 hours a week beyond the program to earn $500-1,000 per month. While we cannot guarantee these outcomes, our goal is to maximize your odds of achieving this.
When: We begin with an all-day intensive session on Friday, March 10, 2023 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You should have your brand and online platform completed by the end of the first day. This session will be followed by digital and guerilla marketing growth session on the following Friday, March 17, 2023 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Finally, we will host ongoing growth sessions weekly, both in-person and virtually, throughout the semester.
Where: CSUDH Innovation Incubator, I&I Building Room 2100
1000 E Victoria Street
Carson CA 90747
Why: How would an extra $500-$1,000 a month help you? Maybe you’re not as motivated by the money and are more interested in the mindset and skillset growth that come with starting a micro-enterprise. Either way, we’ll help you find your why and help you learn to launch a business from scratch.
$795. FREE! Currently enrolled students of CSUDH are eligible for a 100% fee waiver upon acceptance into the program.
Don’t let this golden opportunity to change your life slip by. Complete your 5-minute application soon for consideration! Spots are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Don’t delay!